To be the best place to work and grow, employees must come first. This sentiment may never be as important, perhaps, as now, and it’s why we’re especially proud to share that Glassdoor recognized CoverMyMeds as a 2021 Best Place to Work!
Since March 2020, I — like many of you — have worked each day from my home. My two children, away at college, are constantly top of my mind. It’s a scary time for everyone. There’s added stress for parents — particularly those balancing parental and professional duties. The same goes for anyone volleying for a quiet workspace at home (interruption free, if they’re lucky) and for individuals who crave the social connection of the office.
On video calls, the pets, children, significant others and roommates of my colleagues are frequent (and welcomed) guests. Not too long ago, I felt flustered if my dog, Roxy, accidentally interrupted a meeting. Now, it’s a somewhat common occurrence — unintentional, of course, but a sign of the times.
I believe we’re better for it. I now know many of my teammates on a deeper level than I ever did before. Apart physically, we’ve come together virtually in new and meaningful ways. I’m grateful for one thing the pandemic has brought: tighter bonds.
It hasn’t been easy, of course. I’ve seen the challenges our team members face each day. I also hear employees give kudos for the flexibility, support and resources that empower us all to be our best selves (at work and home) and to do our best work to continue helping patients.
Those tools include mental and physical wellbeing resources, such as virtual mindfulness, meditation and fitness courses as well as meal plan recipes provided by our incredible culinary team. There are also remote work guides and support for individuals to improve their work-from-home experience. Some teammates also use our flex-work framework so they can be teachers or caregivers during parts of the day and do their work at other times.
Our commitment to the principle that we’re nothing without our people and placing priority on being the best place to work and grow for all 1,500+ of our leaders caught the attention of Glassdoor. __The worldwide leader in insights about jobs and companies recognized CoverMyMeds as one of the winners of its 2021 Employees’ Choice Awards, which honors the Best Places to Work in the country. __
Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards, as its name implies, recognizes employers that shine brightest according to those who know a company best — employees. We’re grateful for all of our people who, in these demanding times, shared open, honest and authentic feedback about what it’s like to work at CoverMyMeds.
Glassdoor is one of many opportunities our employees have to share their feedback. No matter the channel through which we receive employee feedback, we read — and act — on all of it. While recently combing through comments left anonymously on Glassdoor (which determined our recognition), common themes emerged: gratitude and appreciation. Here’s what a few folks had to say:
• “It’s very clear the company makes an active effort to support employee wellness. They are flexible when needed and very supportive.”
• “From the moment I started with CoverMyMeds I felt at home! It is an inclusive and forward-thinking workplace that is unlike any other I have seen!”
• “This is the only place I’ve worked where we are encouraged and empowered to continue growing and expanding our careers. During the pandemic, I’ve felt supported and well informed by our leaders. I am very grateful for the opportunity to continue growing my career with a company that cares.”
• “You are valued, respected, and encouraged to bring your true self to work and to express who you are. Managers take pride in building an inclusive environment, developing their team members, and want to see you succeed. The support CoverMyMeds has provided and compassion leadership has exemplified during COVID-19 has been humbling and amazing.”
• “CoverMyMeds has an amazing culture, and everyone I work with really cares about their work and co-workers. There is also an amazing focus on diversity and inclusion.”
• “I love the culture CoverMyMeds has for encouraging employees to speak up to make a difference. Especially in a company this size, the ability to feel like you have a direct impact is special.”
We’re proud Glassdoor recognized us as a Best Place to Work. It’s also a testament to the remarkable culture our employees have built. True to our core values and our mission, being the best place to work and grow means our people have the support they need to embrace challenges to achieve remarkable results. In the last year alone, we helped more than 54-million patients get the medication they need to live healthy lives. That’s a tremendous impact and one that inspires us each day.
Want to work at CoverMyMeds? Join the team and explore open positions here.